Sunday 1 March 2015

Witch Queen

I can start revealing some of my work for the Barbarians of Lemuria Mythic Edition RPG now (available on DriveThruRPG.com now) so here is a little step-by-step process on one of the full page illustrations which I did for it.
The Witch Queen. She had to be quite sexy in an oldschool sword and sorcery way, but also powerful and in control. So, she's looking down, standing on the battlements of her castle with some chained slaves at her feet: kind of the reverse of what you would usually have a man pictured doing in this kind of thing.
I worked out a new way to do fire and sparks on this one, inspired by the work of Brad Rigney. While I came nowhere near his magic, I am pretty pleased with my discovery. I always try to push myself to learn something new on each piece.
The moon came out nice as well.

No comments: